Join us Saturday, August 16 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. as we celebrate the creative arts with the Street Fair on the Square!
Over a dozen Paducah arts and culture organizations will provide a wide variety of “hands on” experiences for all ages!
For the event, Market House Square will be closed on the east side between the MHT Box Office and Yeiser Art Center. Children of all ages may choose between the many booths offering crafts, art, drama, music, games, stories, dance—and—just fun!
• Market House Theatre will have a tie-dye your own t-shirt* booth, costume dress-up & photo booth, and make your own sound effects! PLUS! Enjoy play-along performances by the Play Time Interactive Theatre Troupe presenting “Stone Soup” at 11:30 AM in the Studio Theatre, and the HA! Teen Comedy Improv Troupe at 10:30 AM and 1 PM. *There is a charge to make a t-shirt.
Other activities will include
• The National Quilt Museum: Braided wrist bands
• WKCTC Clemens Fine Arts Center: Magician Russ Nowack with close-up magic & amazing balloon twisting
• Harmony Road Music School: Make-and-take a rhythm
instrument & Parachute Music Games
• Paducah School of Art & Design: Create a stamped metal token
• Paducah Symphony Orchestra: Instrument petting zoo
• Purchase Area Family Magazine: Paper bag puppet
• Yeiser Art Center: Pencil pinwheels & balloon bracelets
• Center Stage Dance Studio: Hip Hop & Ballet mini lessons
• Rhythm Factory: Jazz dance mini lessons!
• The Carson Center: Live entertainment on theCarson Center lawn!
• River Discovery Center: Make your own mini towboat
• Maiden Alley Cinema: Work with local filmmakers to create a basic storyboard
• Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana: “My Own Masterpiece” coloring book
• Market House Museum: Free admission during Street Fair
In addition some special delicious food and drink will be available for sale from Kirchhoffs Deli and Bakery, and etc2 Coffee House, and the Paducah Bank WOW Ice Cream Truck will be on hand to offer some cold treats!
Also, there will be FREE inflatables on the Carson Center Lawn from Tri-State Games!
The Street Fair is co-sponsored by The National Quilt Museum, and Market House Theatre.
For the event Market Street will be closed between the MHT Box Office (Kentucky Ave.) and Yeiser Art Center (Broadway) to provide booths and activities.